Latest Entries »

Friday, December 3, 2010

time

time

when locked in love

ceases

or

when fooled by love

lapses.

there is a difference:

like watching a stream

and running beside it

in rhythm with the flow; or

like stopping by the stream

and witnessing the rush

that slips away over stones.

the quest is to find

a love of the present,

not the future nor the past,

just now

when there is no fear

no jealousy

no envy

no worry

no guilt

no fault

no sorrow

no hurry

and, if time treats you well,

no end

8 thoughts:

Christine said...

beautiful write. my favorite...

time

when locked in love

ceases


so true. years of my life that were spent in fear, time flew right by and before I knew it that period in life was a big blur, and I barely remember any of it, I was so miserable. All I remember is the misery. Now, when living with love in my heart as much as possible, I feel like I'm able to savor the time much more, remember it more clearly and focus on all that is joyous.

peter said...

you're a sweet soul christine, thank you for your kind and revealing words

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

How is one to find such a perfect kind of love? Is it even possible? When we crave and wish and want it so much, one can't help but have the fear you speak of, or the wishing of things away.

I suppose it must take time, healing and patience... all of which I don't have at the moment.

Lovely poem, Peter. You amaze and are amazing.

*note* please forgive my post removed above. i hate that i can't edit when i make a mistake. yes, it's true. i made a mistake.

peter said...

mistake duly noted!!!

it works for christine!!!

but i guess it is rare, and part of the healing process.

thank you :)

Poets United said...

"and, if time treat you well, no end"

Oh how I wish that were true. I enjoyed reading this poem. It makes a person think. Thank you for sharing!

Shauna said...

oh yes, truly. love the honest
simplicity of this poem, and
earnest quality mingling with
longing.

peter said...

poets united and shauna: i'm truly surprised that people like this one, despite its "wishful" and "earnest" nature. thanks for taking time to tell me your thoughts.