Latest Entries »

Monday, February 3, 2014

inter alia


here i am again
in first person
keeping you second
and out of the rain
peering from a window that isn't there
showing its limitations
silence
showing its testimony
to lines i should have sung
 “a cottonwood moon
slipping through forms
like fingers of velvetine”
but i'm no gypsy
i have my needs
even a penny for my thoughts
pays it forward to the next one
and out on the ledge that isn't there
i look for people looking up hoping
i splatter among the unwashed
then i am a gypsy
and have no needs
money can't make me think
or payforward grateful
so i pretend
and play among words
as if they are my metier
which is so crassly pathetic
however needless it is to be said
in the same voice which made you second
out of the pain
which i have done
inter alia


1 thoughts:

Rebecca said...

Somewhat cryptic...

After reading it several times, I feel restless, inter alia.