Latest Entries »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

dark and light

so here it is again
the darkness that follows me
like a shadow
and pounces like a cat
in the night
when i am most vulnerable.
and yet often
in the memory of your afterglow
i can still feel the warmth.
you, inspiration of all things wonderful
you, source of all strength,
just when i feel my grip
weaken at the beast's throat
just before i face like a gallows
the bed of ultimate dark
(where i keep your picture hidden
under the pillow-down of your thighs)
just when i feel the surrender
to the bloodlust of feline claws,
a ray of your being
carries me
on a beam of dreams
on a pulse of smiles
away.

3 thoughts:

Kay said...

I could drift off to that place... :)

Anonymous said...

You might need a better sleeping pill, but it's good you are finally getting to sleep in the end... or are you? She sounds hot or beautiful or both.

Unknown said...

This one saddened me. While reading and especially when I got to the "picture hidden" made me think of the great loss of a person loved and longed for. And the fact the person could only be reached in dreams....