Latest Entries »

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

orion

i'll sleep now
there's nothing more to do
i've faced glory and defeat
and gained from both
i'll listen to the music of the stars
and feel a glitter all my own,
and if i should go to orion
to leave my earthly world to another morn
then at least
i know i have soared through the night
and touched all i can feel
like being wrapped in moonglow
and fantasy and shining wonder
believing in tomorrow's different hue...
without dreams
the force of life
is weighty.

5 thoughts:

Christine said...

Beautiful!

"without dreams the force of life is weighty"

My favorite because of how true that statement is.

Awesome new page, too!

Rebecca said...

When you say "sleep", I sure hope you really mean sleep. One could take this in many ways. Are you just talking one extremely crazy day that you need to escape from or are you talking about life in general? These are the questions I ask myself when reading this.

And as Christine pointed out, those last three lines are so true. Although, dreams in the literal sense are is not my favorite activity, but dreams in the figurative sense, I like to do every now and then. What do we have if we don't have dreams? Not much, I don't think.

Way to make me think, Peter! Love it, as always.

Rebecca said...

are/is? Please excuse my typo. :( I hate that blogger doesn't allow editing, especially for a perfectionist like myself. I must remember to reread before I submit. My apologies.

Unknown said...

The thing(s) I like about this particular writing is the sureness of knowing you've lived life to its fullest ~
"to leave my earthly world to another morn
then at least
i know i have soared through the night
and touched all i can feel"
Not many people can say they've touched all they can feel.
I also like the idea of gaining from the glories and defeats one has experienced.....

peter said...

thank you all. sometimes i think the comments are better than the poems, lots of insight :)